It was love at first encounter

It was love at first encounter

It was love at first encounter

This is my first post as a machine learner and through this post, I’ll share how I started my career in machine learning and how this idea…

It was love at first encounter

This is my first post as a machine learner and through this post, I’ll share how I started my career in machine learning and how this idea has helped me to evolve myself day-in-day-out.


A little bit about me

I have a bachelor’s degree in electronics and communication engineering and then went for management degree in sports but destiny played its part and due to some health issues i was bedridden for nine months and had to leave my master’s degree midway. Since i had to stay at home for almost a year i started searching for some online certificate course so i could still learn while staying at home. That was the time when i first encounter the word machine learning and it felt an instant connection and i was eager to know more about what is machine learning and what are its application in the real-world. I found that machine learning is some kind of magic which is transforming every sector and because of this I was curious to know more about it.

Where did I start?

In February 2019, I decided to learn machine learning but still not as serious to make it as a career option. I started attending lectures on YouTube

  1. Machine Learning — Andrew Ng, Standford University
  2. Machine Learning videos of Siraj Raval

As i spent more time on this I started getting serious and then came across an Ad on YouTube about online learning site www.appliedai.com and i attended some free lectures and those lectures were from very basic of mathematics and it help me build my fundamentals and help me to understand the internals of each algorithms, and i would like to thank our instructor Mr. Srikanth Varma Sir who made difficult topics easy to understand.

Path Ahead?

Machine Learning is like a marathon race and there is something new to learn every day. Next in line is to start participating in various data science competitions like Kaggle which will enhance my knowledge on how to tackle with real dataset, and take the next move in machine learning that is Deep Learning.

Final Words

I hope this post will be a motivating one to those who want to start their career in machine learning but still unsure about it. It’s a great path with mind boggling potential.

Comments

Popular Posts